1. CPR saves lives. More than 300,000 people have cardiac arrests in the United States every year.
2. CPR is not performed enough. Bystander CPR is done is less than half of all out-of-hospital cardiac arrests.
3. You don’t have to do mouth-to-mouth resuscitation. Another reason people say they do not perform CPR is because they don’t want to perform mouth-to-mouth resuscitation.
4. Hands-only CPR is easy to learn. Place the heel of your hand on the center of the victim’s chest. Take your other hand and place it on top of the first. Press down at least two inches and release. You want to repeat this quickly, at least 100 times a minute.
5. Most cardiac arrests occur in the home. More than 85 percent of cardiac arrests take place at home.